I was really hoping to be updating our blog with some news. Really any news at all about our adoption would've been a good enough reason to post. After four plus weeks of waiting, we've heard nothing from USCIS. So I have decided to post anyway, defying my original reasoning.
I emailed the Des Moines office Feb. 6 to inquire (as kindly as possible) about our status. Our "friend" there hastily replied that she would be reviewing I-600A cases next week, and she would let us know if she needed anything. That would've been last week. So, I can think of two different scenarios that could be affecting our case. 1. The struggling US Postal Service has cut their workforce to two workers per state, in which case, our fingerprint appointment notice will arrive via stagecoach sometime next month. OR 2. Our "friend" didn't get to our application last week.
We have recently gotten news that a couple working with Gladney has received their approval from Rwanda and will be receiving a referral very soon. We rejoice with them! One of those cribs in the long rows at the orphanage will soon be empty, and little Myles will be in his Mommy and Daddy's arms.
So, while it feels as if this thing will never really happen, we are choosing to praise Him while we're waiting (love that song). He has never let us down, so why would we start to worry now that He will? Please pray for us, pray for favor with USCIS, pray for the Minister in charge of adoption in Rwanda, pray for the families who have been waiting much longer than we have. I look forward to my next post....news or no news.:)